Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A funny

Ethan brought home his report card yesterday. I opened it and was pleased to see an "x" marked in the exceptional category except for one. The one outlier was an "x" between satisfactory and exceptional and it was in regard to Ethan's attitude in class. I complimented and praised him for doing such a great job pointing all how well he had done and what a great report he had. Then I told him there was just one area that he needed to work on a little bit. His response? "So, what are you saying Mom that I just totally suck!"

Needless to say I was a tad taken aback. Maybe he doesn't have a problem with attitude after all???

Disclaimer: We do not generally use the word "sucks" in our family which makes this even more funny.

2 comments:

Jordan Merrell said...

haha. nothing like 1st grade boys :)

Natalie said...

LOL. I loved all of your stories..dead chicken to random mass texts! Kids always say and do the funniest things!