Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Dead chicken for dinner


Tonight we picked up a rotisserie chicken for dinner. On the way home we were discussing that chicken comes from chickens, beef from cows etc. Anna suddenly asked if what we were eating was chicken then how is it possible that we eat it? I explained to her that the chicken was dead and was cooked. Let's just say it made for some interesting conversation with a plethora of disgusting questions. The kids kept asking how the chicken dies and if we were eating it's guts etc. Ethan was sure the chickens get stabbed with a pitch fork or something like that. He obviously wasn't bothered by eating a dead bird. By the time dinner was over I was so grossed out I wasn't sure I was going to be able to keep my dead chicken dinner down!

2 comments:

Laura said...

i can totally hear Ethan saying that! hahahahahahaha!

Jordan Merrell said...

My kids have had a hard time figuring out the whole meat thing too. Every time we have to discuss it, I do consider becoming vegetarian because it grosses me out :)