Sunday, December 14, 2008

Thanksgiving- Finally!


For a family vacation/Thanksgiving this year my side of the family spent Thanksgiving weekend all together at a cabin in Heber. Admittedly I was a tad worried at how well things would go with 12 kids under the age of 13. All was well and we had a great time. We really don't get all together as families all that often and it really was a special time to spend together. As time progresses and with my parents health it's times like this that I really cherish. I just don't know how many opportunities like this we will have as a complete family in the coming years.

Each family brought food for Thanksgiving as well as snacks and another meal to share. We ate and ate and ate. I gained weight and it was great! When it came to pies we were set. We had apple, pumpkin, peach, lemon, apple streudel, as well as a fabulous peppermint dessert. We watched movies, and did crafts with the kids. One of the favorites of the kids was putting together Christmas scenes with foam stickers. That was my contribution and as usual I took it up a notch. I tend to be a tad competitive and while it was initially intended to be an activity for the children I became rather involved. Suddenly my two oldest nieces and I was doing out best to out do each other layering sticker after sticker to make them as dimensional as possible. They were the most elaborate scenes you could ever imagine. Needless to say it was a lot of fun, and yes the kids enjoyed it almost as much as the "adults".

The day we arrived there was no snow. The first morning we awoke to snow! It was absolutely beautiful and made the setting and the weekend all the more cozy and enjoyable. The kids had a blast outside sledding in the freshly fallen snow. Even Kate got in on the activities. She thought she was such a big girl to sit up to the table and sled down the hill. When we took her off of the sled she would just scream.

My kids were counting the days until "the cabin", and now every day Anna asks when we are going back....

We had a great time and were thankful to have such a fabulous Thanksgiving.






(don't stop here, most updates to follow)

2 comments:

Marina said...

I'm jealous you guys have such fun family traditions!

Enjoying the Journey said...

I wish I had taken pictures up there! You have some great pics--Christmas Card potential!