Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Cleanse

When I say cleanse I'm not referring to "the Garth Brooks juice diet", although that might not be a bad idea either. I am referring to the illness that has come about our home. I took all the kids to the doc today and Ethan has strep, Kate has an ear infection and the jury is still out on whether Anna has strep. The quick test came out negative so we are hopefully in the clear.

The problem with strep is that Randall is a huge strep magnet. If anyone has strep within a ten mile radius he gets it, and gets it bad. Last Christmas Day he awakened with strep and was so sick that he didn't leave his bed all day. He could barely make it to the potty. Maybe it's good that he's out of town. Hopefully that means he hasn't been exposed and wont' get it. Maybe he should just stay out of town until Christmas Eve and that would up our chances for a happy holiday since the year before last he was in bed with stomach flu. Are you seeing the pattern here? I have since Clorox wiped every doorknob, light switch and phone. Everyone's sheets have been washed in hot with bleach so hopefully we'll ward off any other illness.

I opted for the shot over the 2-3 doses of antibiotics a day for Ethan and it wasn't an option with Kate so I just lay her in the choke hold and give her small doses in her cheek until she has no choice but to swallow.

My car broke down yesterday too. The good in all of this is my Dad is lending me his car while mine is in the shop and he has a way sweet ride and it makes lots o noise when you accelerate. I'm sure I'm the envy of the neighborhood by now.

Oh, and the snow. I guess I wanted a white Christmas and it's looking like that will most likely be a reality. The bad in all of this is that I am stuck at home, and staying up late eating all the treats people keep bringing by. Juice diet, here I come.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, your poor thing! Hang in there!

Loved all the updates and the pictures.

Chris said...

Hey Ash! (This is Mich, not Chris) I'm so sorry all the kids are sick, though maybe there is a silver lining to it happening while Randall is away? You poor thing. Hang in there. we'll be thinking of you guys and hope everyone gets better soon, and that the whole fam stays well through the holidays.

Brittney said...

I'm so sorry! Wish I could be there to help you out, or at least give you sympathetic waves from the front porch. =) Good luck!

Laura said...

That's sucks Ash. Do you want me to bring you a big salad instead of treats?

Enjoying the Journey said...

That explains not seeing you at the gym! YUCK! I hope everyone gets better soon--it seems like your timing will be fine for Christmas. Where's Randall, now?

Lisa said...

I feel your pain!! We have all had the flu for the last week at our house. I had it at the same time as Parker and I was so sick that I couldn't take care of him. Kev had to take time off work. I have been using my Chlorox wipes like crazy. I can't even believe how many loads of Laundry. (one of our cars broke down too.) The plus side is that I have lost weight from being so sick. I hope you have a healthy and happy Christmas. It is what I am praying for at our house.

Staci J said...

I'm so sorry you have sickies at home! Especially so close to the holidays... Hope everyone gets well soon! We still need to get together dang it!

Jordan Merrell said...

That is awful! I feel so bad, if you need anything at all, let me know! The good thing is that its this week instead of next :) I didn't know about your car either. That is a totally bummer, but your loner car sounds exciting! GOOD LUCK!!

Angelle said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry! You better be feeling better, it won't be Christmas without your family at Mom and Dad's!