Sunday, December 14, 2008

just a mess

This is what you get when you have your kids "help" you make cookies. The molasses was dripping down the front of the cabinets and Kate stood below it licking it from the drawers it was pretty cute. Although I'm not a huge fan of a sticky kitchen floor.
This was the first time I put Kate up on the counter to watch the cookie dough mix. Not only did she love to watch it mix but even more loved to taste it. Doesn't she look happy?
I had put Kate in her high chair to run next door to borrow an egg. I thought that would keep her safe and out of danger. When I opened the door this is how I found her. Standing on top of her high chair tray. She had climbed out and was trying to climb up on the counter. I couldn't believe it, but like any good mother I had to take a picture. I did have Anna standing close to make sure she wouldn't fall. I guess no more keeping her in the high chair.
It's a good thing they clean up so well. Aren't they cute. I had just gotten them ready for church and they were too cute not to capture. We sure love our cute girls...and boy.
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhuI3cIQgvpaOhdDQu_8fLRwUqLLKZXS3l5B9zmfFTv0ylSgk-IO-V56vQ7YqD2ROhyphenhyphenjsQpUfBxRwTNrUZoKxy0pc0sXlsZYmwG0YoQORfzb44kMwaTB5x846bzL3kpASkiE3B3uUh542M/s1600-h/DSC01376.JPG">

2 comments:

Enjoying the Journey said...

Isn't it the truth about cooking with kids!?! They have a blast and you know they love doing it with you, but in the back of your mind you're thinking--this is going to take me forever to clean-up! I love how you took pictures--I'm sure with the blog in mind? Good Mom!

Brett and Meredith said...

Oooh...you were probably making your world famous ginger snaps, huh?! I still can't eat one and not think of you guys! Sorry, that you have been sick. I hope you are all feeling well soon and have a healthy, happy dad for Christmas!