Saturday, December 27, 2008

It's offical I am...


a soccer Mom. We bought a minivan today. We have been thinking about it for some time but with the end of the year deals we thought we'd look into it a little further. Well we drove home in one. We got a great deal on a used Sienna with just 17K miles on it. Ethan calls it a "mibivan" and I guess since it has DVD Anna calls it a "movievan". Ethan has been wanting one for some time. I have been wanting a Sequoia. We also found a sequoia today that I was in love with, but I did the right thing and made a wise decision economically, environmentally etc. I have to admit When the kids jumped in themselves and buckled in (except Kate of course) I knew I had made the right decision. I guess I'm really not very cool anyway so why not drive a minivan? Oh, and it has AWD a nice plus in this lovely winter wonderland.

11 comments:

Jordan Merrell said...

YAY! Welcome to the wonderful world of the Sienna Minivan. We had the same one except white. I am not going to lie, I am very very jealous cause we wanted the dark blue soooooo bad, but they didn't have one in the whole western USA so we settled for white. Now that you mention it, we bought ours one year ago today! We didn't want to do the minivan thing either but they are sooooo convenient and easy for the kids to get in and out of so I am sold! Minivans for life (well hopefully not :) ).

Katrina said...

I happen to consider myself very cool, and I've been driving a minivan for almost 4 years now. It's all in how you wear it, baby.

The Walker Family said...

Tis the year to new cars. I guess that's what happens when you have three kids right??? Congrats...I bet you'll love the space and the sliding doors are the best part. :-)

Laura said...

Yay for you! I'm jealous about the DVD thing.

Brittney said...

Hooray! You'll love your van - just wait. =) We're hoping to get the Sienna when we upgrade one of these days. I'm jealous about the 4-wheel drive! Hope you guys had a good Christmas!

Enjoying the Journey said...

Well, Merry Christmas to you! That looks like a great car...uh...minivan! I agree that the convenience is a huge plus, but I don't know how you're going to live this down! JK! Trust me, the DVD feature is a huge thing, too! Nice Ashli--now I'm going to break it to your brother!

Nate said...

I'm sorry that we have disowned you. You are no longer one of the Barretts :)

Stacy said...

We've been thinking about getting one too...where did you go for your good deal?

Angelle said...

Awesome! Its all about convenience! Just ignore your brothers...

Sarah said...

Those minivans really are helpful once you have 3 kids...I'm jealous of the DVD player too. And the AWD. Cool stuff.

Tanya said...

I guess we now drive the same car...we are loving ours. Who cares about the coolness factor anymore. Loved reading your blog and catching up!