Monday, December 15, 2008

our little turkey



Ethan had a school project around Thanksgiving where he was given a bare turkey and was asked to disguise him as something else so he wouldn't be eaten for Thanksgiving. I thought that was pretty clever. We brainstormed many ideas and he was certain the turkey needed to be a cowboy. My only question was seriously how can a kindergartner disguise a turkey in a way that would be recognizable as something completely different. So what's any self respecting mother to do? Do it herself. Ok, I did some(most) of it and then had him color it and make it is own.

He decided to dress up just like the turkey himself. I thought it was pretty cute.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for updating. I read them all but i'll just comment here. Looks like you guys are having lots of fun lately! And Ethan is the cutest turkey cowboy ever. That kid cracks me up.

Jensen said...

That is such the thing I would have done with my first child!! However, now I totally don't care and my kids get to do it all by themselves:) Except for the Blue and Gold banquet for my son's scout group and they had to make a cake and of course I LET him help me make the rat poops while I made the coolest rat cake ever!! Don't we just love being moms??

Enjoying the Journey said...

They make a cute pair! Ethan looks like he's ready to get his man, doesn't he? I'm glad you know when to step in and take charge--that assignment was way too cute to let a kindergartener mess up--jk!

Tyra said...

I think Ethan and the turkey are safe from discovery. I wouldn't want to mess with either of them. Cute idea and pictures.