Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Let it snow,

I keep wanting to update about Thanksgiving and all that's fun and festive, but I am just too crazy. In fact today I took Anna to school and didn't even realize she wasn't wearing her glasses until I gave her a kiss goodbye. Whoops. The only thing that makes me feel better is last week I did the same thing but it was the teacher that asked her where her glasses were. I hadn't even noticed. After this week of many fun festivities things should slow down a bit.

The great news is we found a great dress and I'm excited about it. Randall's reaction was so typically Randall like um, ya, I uh like it. I had to go to another friend's to get reassurance. I think we are good. Rand's funny that way, you could buy him something he has wanted for 30 years and dreamed about (although I can't think of anything to even give him for Christmas other than "The Office" episodes) and with straight face he would then say...thanks. My Mom always says he's calm and that's good because he balances me out.What do you mean? I'm not calm? :) At times I wish he would be a tad less balancy, but I love him just the same.

It finally snowed yesterday! I was so excited because I have had a really hard time feeling Christmasy despite my festively decorated home. I was sad though that it wasn't more and didn't "stick" but hopefully more will come. Not too much but more for sure. I can't remember the last time we had a true "White Christmas", which by the way I watched that movie yesterday as I folded load after load of laundry.

Well here's to you and your December festivities whatever they may be.

9 comments:

Laura said...

I must add that you looked very HOT in that dress! You need to teach me how to shop.

Angelle said...

Ooooh! Fun, can't wait to see the dress! Pics please!

Enjoying the Journey said...

Yeah for the snow and the dress! Wear it to Sundance? jk

Maria Hart said...

I want to see the dress... I need inspiration! I'm stuck in skirts! I also love "White Christmas" and watch it several times every year!

Saun and Wes said...

Hey, how are you? I love reading your blog. It's so fun. You look great in your pictures! Your family is so cute.

I wanted to let you know that my sister is a hygienist and is quiting her job in Payson because she is moving. She told me her dentist is going to hire someone for just one day a week. I know you mentioned to me a long time ago that you wish you could just work about that much, so I thought I'd let you know. Let me know if you are interested. I could have her put in a word for ya.

Jensen said...

Yeah, just wait, you will get a huge storm and the roads will be icy and you won't be able to leave your house for days!! But you will have your White Christmas:)) Don't worry, I already lost it many a years ago. I am always forgetting which child I am talking to . . . I get them even confused with the dog and the boys with the girls:) Take care!

Alyssa said...

Yes, my kids miss the snow! Some days, we still wear short sleeves! I really would like a taste of winter!

The Walker Family said...

Happy you are happy it snowed. Did you know it snowed here this past week??? I know shocking...one other time in the past thirty years. I'm excited to see pics. of the dress and congrats. to Rand for the promotion. He deserves it and so do you. Happy December. :-)

Marina said...

Is that what you were doing at the mall! :) Scott is the same way... never much emotion! Men!