Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sundance, a family tradition

Each year as part of our Christmas gift my parents take all of my siblings and their spouses to Sundance for a nice dinner. Thursday we went up and had a great time. We don't take the kids and it's a nice to sit and catch up with one another. This year was no different. It's always an entertaining time since all of my brothers are crazy and overly sarcastic at all times. Rand always get a good kick out of listening to my family be the way that we are. It also reminds him where I get my honesty, sarcasm, and teasing ways. My Dad every year claims that he doesn't know where we learned to be like this and we weren't like this when we were living at home. Ya, right.

I really look forward to going every year not only for the company and the great meal but it is such a beautiful setting up in the mountains. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and cozy. Last year sadly I came down with the stomach flu the morning of the dinner so we couldn't be there so it was nice to be back with the family this year. I really appreciate my parents for providing this opportunity each year. My Dad tells us each time that this is the thing he looks forward to most each Christmas. I enjoy the closeness I feel being with my siblings and their spouses at such a beautiful time of year.

My oldest bro and his wife

Us
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgN5rQlz3CSRV_VR4Mn5DUIQEQY0smA6hsJjz2rpTq_kdntRx5FUT98Gf2RvgPqcjCLJowGX1jma15Z8eN-nlIrw45IyD7OCvVEb69yQU55_SDLvyseRk0nZUJa2i1zBkrg7lDNVR3ykzs/s1600-h/DSC01392.JPG">
2 years ago

2 comments:

Jordan Merrell said...

Wow, ms. blogger! You' re on a roll! I love all the post! I love your family tradition of the couples going up to Sundance. I am going to bring that one up with my parents when they come home! Your thanksgiving looked wonderful! The cabin is beautiful and I am glad you got snow. Ethan and his turkey crack me up! I love that he dressed up like his turkey! I love Kate's face in the cooking pictures. She is such a doll and Anna is beautiful!

Tyra said...

The cabin Thanksgiving worked out really great. I am glad we had a little snow but not as much as we do now as it would have been hard to get in and out or the canyon. The Christmas dinner at Sundance is so great. It is fun spending time with your children as your friends.