Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Today has been a great Mother's Day despite the fact that I can't talk to my mother because she is cruising with my Dad in Europe right now. I sure feel bad for her. Not! I was spoiled as usual although Rand is always sweet and takes good care of me so today was nothing to out of the ordinary, lucky for me. One of the best parts of the day was when Ethan arrived in our room at 6:30 with his gift. (okay so the early part wasn't my favorite but the gift part was) He had made a book in school with sentences he had to complete and pictures to go a long with it. His answers were so funny that we laughed until we were sick. It went along like this
-My mom has ...blonde hair and ... blue eyes. -nice try I have brown eyes
-She is ...4 feet tall and ...blank lbs. - thanks to a kind teacher she had all the kids write blank in the lbs section. I'm sure she saved may Mother's some tears over that one.
-My Mom likes to swim with me. - good a normal answer, here comes the good stuff
-My Mom is happy when... She plays guitar hero - with a complete picture of me rocking out with a huge guitar.
-When I'm at school my Mom... goes to bed- here is where we completely lost it. It looks like I am total dead beat Mom that plays guitar hero and stays in bed. When I asked Ethan about this he was like ya know Mom you have "quiet time".
-My Mom is very smart and knows all about ...cooking.- It's interesting to see what he thinks I am capable of.
- My Mom likes to eat chocolate cake. - So he is right on that one but about 1 time a year for my birthday.
-My Mom gets mad when...I don't do my chores.- true.

So I guess the picture that has been painted is a am a good cook, guitar rockin dead beat Mom that likes to sleep and eat cake. Good thing he left the lbs blank cause after that description he probably would have filled in 400 lbs. What a crack up. I would be interested to see what the other kids wrote about their wonderful mom's

The kids helped Randall make breakfast in bed for me with an eggmcmuffin and a fruit shake. Then after breakfast I stayed in bed to read a good book and then even took a short nap before church. It was heaven and truthfully I kind of felt like a jerk being so lazy and having Randall take care of everything. Church was nice and they gave all the Mom's chocolate, what could be finer. After church we went of to my in-laws where the husbands helped to make the Mom's a nice dinner. It was good to get together and the day was beautiful.

I am so blessed to be a Mom. I certainly have hard days where I am tired and just want to run away from the kids but overall I couldn't be happier to be home with them to cook, and read and do fun things.

I am also blessed to have a great Mom who is now such a great friend and taught me so many good things when it comes to being a wife and mother.

My Mom-in-law is also great. Randall could not be a more giving, helpful, loving husband and Father. He cooks, he cleans, he changes diapers, changes sheets, provides for our family the list could go on. His Mom did something right in teaching him to be the Man he is today.

Happy Mother's Day!

7 comments:

Jordan Merrell said...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! I am sorry that you couldn't talk to your mom today, but I am sure she is having a wonderful day in Europe :) I love everything that Ethan wrote. Kindergartners are the best! I am glad that Randall took such good care of you today. and you can thank me and Sue Ann for the chocolates instead of the flower. haha

Laura said...

oh my gosh. ethan's card was a total crack up. Happy mother's day

Brittney said...

Sounds like a nice, relaxing day. Too bad we can't have those more often. :) Bryan answered questions about me at preschool and said my favorite thing to do and the thing I do best is laundry. Honestly, I'm lucky if I get the clothes folded and put away before we've run out of clean clothes. It's sure funny what kids think!

Staci J said...

Hilarious Ash! I was laughing out loud at Ethan's little mom-tribute, so awesome! I'm glad you had a good relaxing day, you deserve it! PS. I had chocolate cake 3 times already this week!

Michelle said...

Ethan's comments had me laughing out loud! Makes me wonder what my kids would say! Love this post! Glad you had such a happy Mother's Day!

Maria Hart said...

Where do you live? Are you close to Provo? I agree, we need to get together... especially if we are going to be living so close after so many years!

Tyra said...

I hope you save that card. It was so cute. If things weren't distorted in children's minds it wouldn't be fun or interesting. I always felt guilty about all the fuss on mother's day for me. I think you deserve to have a relaxing day!