Saturday, April 25, 2009

Ode to San Antonio

For whatever reason, today I am totally missing Texas! We lived in San Antonio for 3 years almost 5 years ago. I can hardly believe it was that long ago. We made some really great friends there and did lots of fun things. There was almost always something fun to do, and if you know me I like to be entertained. The people there are also just so warm and friendly. Customer service still exists and you can't walk more than a foot or two in the door of a shop without a warm welcome and a how can I help you? Over the years I have often told Randall that I want to go back there. He thinks that it was probably just the time of our life of both working and no children and then to just one child so we were still pretty free and not tied down too much. Whatever it was I really miss it. I loved the seasons because they existed, much more so than when we lived in Phoenix, but were mild. One of my bestest friends I met while working there together at Dr. Monier's office. Amanda! I got to go back to visit her when I was about 6 months prego with Kate. We ate awesome Mexican food, scrapbooked a lot, something I haven't done since, talked a lot, and even walked outdoors in the hill country. One day while visiting we were heading into town and had to stop on the road because a herd of longhorns heading down the road. It was awesome. Especially on days like today when is cold out and snowy and it's almost May I especially wouldn't mind heading down south. I miss you Amanda and hope to get your way sooner than later! If anyone ever has a chance to head south to San Antonio don't hesitate just say YES! You won't regret it.

4 comments:

CarolAnne said...

Everyone of our military friends who have lived in San Antonio loved living there. Jim lived there as boy and remembers it as a great place live. There is a lot to miss about southern hospitality.

The Walker Family said...

Aw, I'm sure good ol' Texas misses you too. But, keep in mind the schools are closing here either because of flooding or the Swine flu. I hope you visit Houston next time you're in San Antonio. Speaking of visiting I'm going to be in UTah the first couple of weeks in June...would love to see you guys. Let me know if you're available. :)

Amy & Greg said...

Oh, I forgot that you guys had lived in SAn Antonio! What a great place!

Enjoying the Journey said...

"The stars at night are big and bright (clap, clap, clap, clap) Deep in the heart of Texas!" (Thought you might like my shout out to Texas, too.)