Sunday, May 31, 2009

Ethan's a Grader!

The best teacher ever!!! I'm pretty darn sure Ethan has a crush on her and how could you blame him?
"Bye Mom" He always looks back and said bye and he loves me. It melts my heart.
The bus coming on the last day. Reminiscent of the first day when I put him on the bus and was so scared all day waiting for him to get off and he didn't! Remember that???
My big boy. For weeks now he has been counting down the days until he would be a "Grader" He is so excited to go to school all day and get to eat lunch and have a longer recess.

Ethan graduated from Kindergarten last week. Of course I couldn't find my camera so all the pictures of the event are on my Mom's camera. The kindergarten put on a program showing off the many skills the learned. They did such a great job. Ethan was as enthusiastic as always and did a great job with his small speaking part.

Ethan is growing up way too fast and I have felt so emotional about that lately. I have tried so much harder recently to give him hugs and kisses anytime I think about it because I know all too quickly he will grow up and not want me loving on him anymore.

Ethan had a fantastic teacher this year. His school experience was only positive and in some ways it makes me nervous for next year because how can you top the best? Ethan loved every minute of school and is sad that it's over for the summer. He is a great student and had a perfect report card that last two terms. He got 1oo percent on his kinder assessment and was given the award of Mr. Responsible which I think is rather fitting. He is a lot like his Dad in that regard. He is such a sweet and caring boy and we are so proud of him and love him so much.

Way to go Ethan!!

4 comments:

Katrina said...

It's so crazy how quickly it's all going. Anders is completely devastated that he's done with kindergarten.

Loving the Transformers backpack!

Laura said...

He's such a great kid and so cute.

Sarah said...

Good for Ethan. Cherish those hugs and kisses...

Tyra said...

I am so glad that Ethan had a great year at school. What a cute teacher. Who wouldn't want to teach him. I hope Ethan stays so tender-hearted and sweet. What a wonderful grandson!