Sunday, May 31, 2009

Summer's on it's way

Enjoying some lunch in the sunshine on the patio.
Our tulips finally came up. We enjoyed them so much and the neighbors did too!
Our first run through the sprinklers.
Kate chillin'. She took my glasses and put them on like I wear them. She is always too cute.
Kate enjoying a "posicle", as she calls it.

The kids have only been out of school for 1 week but we have tried to make the best of it. We have eaten outdoors, run through the sprinkler, gone swimming, gone on lots of family walks around the neighborhood and so much more. I am trying to get my summer "plan" all set up. We are hoping to have "Fun Fridays" each week. Some things we will do at home and some things as field trips. Ethan and Anna will start swimming lesson in a few weeks, they are so excited. Why is it that the days are often long but the weeks fly by? I have had mixed feelings about having Ethan home all day but I think with a good plan and some lazy days too we will enjoy it. We hope anyway. We had a great enrichment last week with a lot of idea on how to get organized and things to do this summer. It got me really excited. Good luck to you and yours as we all break for summer.

5 comments:

Tyra said...

Oh what do you do in the summer time when all the world is green? Do you run through the sprinklers, eat posicles in the shade and have lots of fun? So do I. Looks like fun days.

Jordan Merrell said...

Your summer is the perfect summer so far. Popsicles and wet kids is what its all about. And seriously, Kate could not be cuter with your sunglasses on her head. I love it!

Enjoying the Journey said...

So I've obviously been a slacker as far as blogging goes...and you have not! It was great to read about your race, anniversary get-away and your graduates. I am super proud of you Ash! You are awesome and your family shows it! Way to be amazing!

Amberly said...

Reading your blog and seeing your pictures (especially of your beautiful flowers) really makes me miss you and our neighborhood! It was great to see you at the 5k and I felt the same way you do, it is a big deal! Love you guys!

Brett and Meredith said...

Your tulips are amazing!!! And, WAY TO GO on the 5K!! I understand what an amazing feat that is, being that I can't run to the end of my driveway without being winded and getting side aches....so I think, once again, that you are awesome.
Congrats!!