Sunday, May 31, 2009

10 Year Anniversay






We made it! On May 14th Randall and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary. It still baffles me at times that we have known each other now almost 15 years and that all those high school dances and dates would now come together to celebrate 3 different educational degrees, 4 states, 11 moves, 3 children and 1 house and 1 happy marriage. Wow! To celebrate we were lucky enough to have my in laws watch the kids so we could get away for a few days. We decided to pretty much redo our honeymoon. We spent 3 days enjoying the sun and sights in St. George and Las Vegas. We have very seldom left the kids so it is always hard to leave but always nice to get away.

The first day when we arrived in St. George we went to Snow Canyon to do some hiking. We had gone there with the kids for Spring break and enjoyed it so much we decided to go back. We weren't overly prepared and it was so hot that we just did a little 4 mile or so hike. It was beautiful and fun to just walk a long and talk and enjoy the scenery. Then we had a nice dinner and went to a movie.

The next day we headed into Las Vegas. We aren't really familiar with downtown ( I guess that's good thing) so we parked way far away from the strip without knowing it. We had to walk about an hour to get to the strip. We mostly just did some window shopping since our budget doesn't allow for stores like Harry Winston and Tiffany's and the like. We did make a few little purchases for the kids at FAO schwartz. We wanted to buy some cinnimon bears, but at 13$ a lb. we decided otherwise. In fact Randall had been wanting some Gelato all day so when we were in Caesers Palace we decided to get some. I ordered mine before seeing the price and quickly jabbed Rand in the ribs with a "let's just share" He looked at me kind of funny like why would we share, until I informed him that my 6oz. Gelato was going to cost ust 18$!!! I just about died and would prefer coldstone anyday over that stuff.

One of my very most favorite things about Vegas is the fountains in front of the Bellagio. We first saw them on our Honeymoon and I have thought about that experience ever since. I remember that 1o years ago they did a song to New york, New York and I was so amazed. This time it was still pretty amazing. I think If I never get back to Vegas I would be ok with that other than missing the fountains. We ates crepes at a creperie in the Paris hotel. The inside reminded me so much of Europe and it made me feel so nostalgic. We really had a fun time. Our hour walk back to the car in 100 degree heat got a little tiring after walking around Vegas for 7 hours, so we stopped at a place to get a slurpee for a buck. Now that's more like it.... gelato for 18 bucks.

Our last day we spent some time lounging at the pool then did a little shopping and then ended the trip the best way possible at In and out! :)

I'm so glad that Randall chose me all those years ago. We have had so many rich experiences, and been blessed with so much these past 10 years. I can't wait to see what the next 10 year's will bring.

5 comments:

Brittney said...

Congrats on your anniversary! I'm glad you guys had fun. I'm sure I'd like Vegas a lot more w/ out kids. I drooled over the gelatos when we were there but didn't get close enought to see how much it cost. Everything's so overpriced!

Maria Hart said...

Congratulations! You really were very newlyweds when we met in Michigan! It is nice to have weekends away, they are so few and far between.

Sarah said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Congrats!

Tyra said...

I'm happy your get-away was so fun. It sounds like you packed in a lot in a couple of days. It is important to nurture your marriage at least once each year and to remember why you chose that person to be with forever. You were sweethearts before you were parents and you want to be sweethearts after the children leave home. Hope the next 50 years just get better and better. Lots of love to you both!!!

The Walker Family said...

Happy anniversary...I'm so happy you were able to get away. It makes us better spouses and parents. :)