Friday, October 24, 2008

Prom Queen!!!

Tonight was a night like no otha'. Our family was invited to a Halloween bash. You know one of those crazy parties where you get to dress up and be somebody else. Well yeah, tonight was a dream come true, a secret desire never realized...until tonight. I was the prom queen!! You heard that right. My cute mom had put together this get up a few years ago for a ward party and I didn't have any other ideas except maybe the tooth fairy. Boy was I a hottie for the night. Even Ethan said "Mom you look kinda cute in your wig". Randall said he prefers me blonde.



Randall also somewhat dressed up. No he really isn't the type to like to do that sort of thing so instead of making him worry about what he was going to be I just had it all ready when he came home from work today. I know it's not really politically correct but come on for one night Randall was shall we say...just a tad "white trash"? If you so choose just call him a "hill billy". Either way he looked hilarious. In fact I was laughing so hard that it took me 6 attempts to finally get a picture that wasn't blurry.

Ethan was "Iron Man", Anna was "Snow White", and Kate was a doggy. We will save their pictures for later. The kids and I had a great time learning to "Zumba" dance, played musical chairs, the chicken song and other fun things. We had a good night and it all was worth it when I won 1st place in the costume contest, that's right you heard me 1st place!

8 comments:

Jordan Merrell said...

Those are the best picture!!! You guys crack me up. I will look at these any time I need a smile :)

Jensen said...

You look totally hot Ashli!!! I am glad you won!

Maria Hart said...

I have Abba running through my head, "Dancing Queen" to be precise! You look great!

Michelle said...

Way to go Ash! First place! Man, this is a great post. First of all, Chris didn't even know who you were. Then we see the picture of Randall and we both lost it! That's so funny . . .and Chris says it is definitely white trash. Who knew Randall was capable of such a look. What a good sport!

Lisa said...

Congrats on the first place! You looked great. I can't believe that is Randall. I would have never known. Hilarious!

Jenny said...

I absolutely love your costumes! I am so sad you didn't wear them last night!! :)

Enjoying the Journey said...

Nice one guys! Ash, you totally look hot! I don't know how Randall deserves you, especially with that hair and those teeth. You guys should have taken a pic togther! It totally reminded me of Mom that year for Halloween. It just came out the other day that my kids were a little scared to go to Grandma's house on Halloween because of your parent's costumes. Funny!

Brett and Meredith said...

Is that Randall's real hair? Nice. And of course you won 1st place...that costume is hilarious!! Loving it.