Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween's over

Aren't we glad that Halloween is over? With the chilly weather and Christmas music on the radio it's crazy to think we are now officially into the holiday season. Before that of course we will reminisce Halloween.

I was a bit of a party pooper this year when it came to carving pumpkins. I was all ready with the unique patterns and all but things had been crazy Randall was working a ton and was late the night we started. So...we carved 2 of the 5 very simply and we still survived. The funnies part was when Ethan first put his hand in his pumpkin and started to gag. He was not too excited. I had forgotten about all his dry heaving while carving last year. Needless to say Ethan did a lot of watching.

The best news of Halloween was that Randall's team at work won 1st place in the Halloween contest! We were really excited but a little sad that due to the economy and all the prize money was cut by 75%. Oh well, It was fun to get into it and do Randall's make up and all. We tried to color his hair blonde, but it turned a tad red instead, Whoops! After Halloween we cut it short and now it's not too noticeable. He was two-face from Batman and I think we did a pretty great job,don't you?

The kids were cute too. Ethan was iron man, Anna snow white and Kate a pink poodle. We're glad

7 comments:

Jana said...

we didnt do pumpkins this year. i was sad. we just ran out of time and like you said the kids survived. only because they are too young to understand.

so for the clubhouse party, randall looks awsome and that is a hairdo you sould consider since you are now in the R.S..

p.s. you will be great.

Michelle said...

That's too funny about Ethan and the pumpkin guts. I love that kid. Glad you had a fun, though busy, Halloween season--turkey day is on the way!

wendy said...

Hey Ashli! Your kids are so cute! We didn't carve pumpkins either. My kids didn't even notice until Halloween night. Wendy S.

P.S. I am so excited you are in the R.S. pres.! You'll do great!

Jensen said...

Your kids are so cute! I am glad they had fun on Halloween . . . I am definately glad that it is over as well:)

Spencer and Joanie said...

OK...I have a confession...I have been blog stalking you for awhile but now that we are 'workout' buddies, I feel like I can finally come clean. Randall looks so cool!! I am very impressed with your Halloween skills! I also have to give you props for your carvings, since we were definitely Halloween Bah Humbugs and didn't do ONE!! So I think your 2 is spectacular! :)

See you in the MORN!

Kendra said...

I guess now you can listen to Christmas music and not get made fun of!

Enjoying the Journey said...

Randall looks scary! I think that's the idea, right? Cute kids all dressed-up. We missed see you guys this year!