Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Almost there

The bread for the cinnamon rolls is rising, the breakfast casserole is in the fridge settling. Should I make the taco soup tonight or in the morning? I still GET to make my apple pie and due to the whole oven thing and all which was finally fixed this afternoon after a large fee, I caved and bought a pumpkin pie at Costco, as well as a real live pine wreath for the door which at the moment is taking a cool bath. The kids just finished watching "The Polar Express" and apart from one scary moment they really loved it. Rand said he would try to come home early today and yet he is still not home. I guess since he worked a 16 hour day yesterday arriving after midnight anytime tonight would be "earlier". Just about 17 hours until the Macy's Parade starts. I am considering bringing my tree out of storage tonight. Oh, and I thought of a Barrett family tradition. We always have celery with easy cheese beautifully squeezed onto it. Isn't that a healthy appetizer? We are cheese people. Just ask my Dad and his cardiologist. Happy, Happy Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there! Sounds like it's all coming together, in one way or another. Congrats on the wreath. I've really been wanting one for our porch. I hope you have a super fabulous Thanksgiving!

Enjoying the Journey said...

Did it all live up to your expectations? I thought it was an awesome weekend. Thanks for all the pies and ice-cream (notice, I didn't mention the whipped cream)!