Tuesday, November 18, 2008

6 quirks

This has taken a lot of time for me to think of what my quirks are. Not to imply that I am not a quirky person it's probably just identifying them and then keeping it to 6. Here goes:

1. I hate dry hands/skin, but especially dry hands. I have gotten much better in recent years being here in Utah, but still I'm a freak about it. I carry lotion at all times. There have been times that I wouldn't even go to the bathroom because then I would have to wash my hands and then I didin't have lotion and then I wouldn't be able to handle it. One time in College my roommate wouldn't come out of the bathroom and I needed to get to school and my chapstick was in the bathroom so I...put deodorant on my lips. GROSS!! Needless to say my lips not only became more dry but repelled any moisture for weeks. I told you I was quirky.

2. I am a very social person and love to get out and socialize with people, do new things etc. BUT, quite often right before the event whatever it is I suddenly don't want to go. I always say to Rand "I'm just not in the mood, or I just don't know if I'm up for it". Then I always end up going and of course have a fabulous time and am really glad I went.

3. I love to throw things away/give things away. My kids start to cry when they hear anyone mention "The D.I." because they know I have another load ready to go. I don't know why but I just don't like having stuff around. Part of it may be that we have moved so many times over the years that I realize how much stuff we have and don't need. I am constantly going through drawers and closets to make yet another D.I. pile. Randall says I am not at all sentimental and I guess in some regards he's right but I am sentimental about pictures and things but not "stuff". This is not to say that my house is always clean or organized mind you. I do try but you know how it is. On that note I won't even own a ice cream scoop because it's just one more thing in the drawer when a spoon does just fine.

4. I am an all or nothing person. Especially when it comes to dieting and exercise. I will be good about my eating all day and then if I were to say eat one chocolate chip then I think to myself "great, now you blew it". and then I will just keep eating junk the rest of the day because I already ruined it with that one chip! One time I went without eating any sugar in the form of junk food for 4 months and then I ate a chocolate chip and I felt so guilty I just stopped and ws back to eating junk.

5. I don't like to sleep at others house or in hotel unless it's really nice. I just don't feel like maybe the sheets or clean or something... I only like the hotels where there is a duvet cover that I know can be washed. If it's one of those quilts on the bed i tell everyone to immediately pull it down and sit on it but that's it. Randall is more than comfortable about snuggling in it up to his face. You couldn't pay me enough money to stay in one of those "Anniversary Inn places".

6 Okay no more, I think you all know by now what a freak of nature I am and I better stop while I'm ahead. I'm really not a germ-a-phobe or as high maintenance as it may seem.

I tag 6 people like Michelle, Texas Alyssa, Jordan and whoever else.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I don't know if I'm the Michelle you were talking about, but thanks for the tag if so. I'll get on it. And it's almost scary how much we're alike on numbers 1 and 2. I could just copy and paste them to my blog!

Jordan Merrell said...

I love all your little quirks! They are great and make you, you.

Jana said...

ha! im so the same about the hotels. my mom never let us touch the comforters and now i do the same.

you are funny.

Maria Hart said...

I have many similar quirks, only my kids love the D.I., though right now they are setting everything aside for a big yard sale in the spring. I loathe hotel comforters - they are a cesspool of germs!

The Walker Family said...

Holy Crap I am so behind on tagging. Everytime I get one I tell myself I will tag you because I know you love them but, I never get around to even doing it myself. Last week I told myself I was just going to compile all of the tags (seven) from the last two months not including yours and someone elses...hopefully I will follow through.

P.S. I knew all of that about you and you are not the least bit high maintenance. If you are then I am too which is fine I will never touch one of those quilts. Maybe next time Rand and B should share. B finds nothing wrong with them (yuck).

Welsch Family said...

I am RIGHT with you on the getting rid of "stuff" thing! I guess maybe we have moved about as many times as you have!