Tuesday, November 25, 2008

serenity now

don't you hate that the life of a mother is like riding a roller coaster? I guess the life of anyone is like riding a roller coaster, but sometimes I just get tired of it. One day I adore my children and love being home with them and all that goes with that. Then the very next day, or even the next moment I am wishing I could just rent them out for a bit.

Ethan has pink eye and has since Saturday so has been home from church and school. He and Anna aren't always a good mix and after a Dr. appt. errands and lunch I was hoping for Kate to take a long nap and a little "quiet time" to get some of the many things I need to get done. Instead I laid on my bed with ear plugs in so I wouldn't have to listen to Anna's crying and screaming. She very obviously didn't want to be "quiet" today which then made Kate awaken after her only and very short nap for the day which can spell disaster. Especially since the kids were up late last night because of Rand's Birthday dinner etc.

Oh, and did I mention my oven is sill broken even though both my parents said they were going to get a coil at the mending shed and we would fix it? Good thing someone from Bill's appliance is coming in the morning between 8-12 to hopefully get it up and running and not cost a fortune. Especially since tomorrow is the day that I have been looking forward to for sometime now. You know the day we watch a movie and bake pies. Well this year I have to bake pies, breakfast casserole and if time permits cinnamon rolls. I am a tad tired of taking things to neighbors to bake. And even though I did my best to time the enchiladas just right from the electric fry pan to the plate last night for dinner, they were just very lightly warm. Good thing Randall doesn't really like things hot anyway.

I guess the good news in this roller coaster of life, is that in the next 5 minutes I just may re-adore my children and messy house despite the crying, whining, dishes and laundry that are screaming to be done. Oh, and Sunday we wrote our letter to Santa and I have been warning the kids ever since that "He" is watching. Is it just my kids or does that tend to make your kids act even worse than normal?

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Earplugs - great idea! I'm sorry things have been rough. Hopefully your oven is getting fixed as I write this and you'll get to enjoy your pie making. Have a wonderful, frazzle-free Thanksgiving! =)

Enjoying the Journey said...

I don't really think the "Santa is Watching" threat really works. We've got to come up with something better! Let me know what you think up, you're creative!