Saturday, July 31, 2010

On Our Way!

So Rand and my Dad have already left and are currently on their way to Nebraska. They left this morning, a little later than they had hoped, but it's always a little later than hopped. Rand needed some more clothes washed and they couldn't get the straps to hold the van on the truck to work etc, etc. It's always something but so far so good. We know we are already being watched over in our travels. Today after the men stopped for lunch they hoped back in the truck to continue their journey, when Rand felt like he should just check the van. Sure enough one of the straps holding the tires of the van on the trailer had come completely off. It would have made for a pretty exciting show to have a minivan rolling down the freeway full of goods, wouldn't it? We are praying that all continues to go well.

As for Mom and me we are trying to take it easy today. I spent the morning finishing a few things up at the "old" house and having the carpets cleaned. Poor Jane has been struggling. She has been rather neglected the past little bit, or almost month for that matter and I think she is learning that screaming and crying works to make someone pick her up and hold her. She breaks my heart, she really deserves the award for patience through all of this.

I can't say the last month has been my favorite. My brain is dead, and so is my body. I actually got a nap today and when it was over, and way too soon I might add, I felt like I could sleep for another full week. I'm grateful at this point we now have a few days to lay low before we fly out on Wednesday morning for our new home, town, church, friends(hopefully). The reality of the move really hasn't hit me yet. I have said my share of "Goodbye's" and they aren't my favorite but it's a necessary evil. I guess it's not really goodbye because I know that those we really love and those who really care about us we will see again.

When it came to getting the truck loaded I think we set a record. In just and 1 and a half hours we were completely done. I think we may have been able to do it in an hour except we had more truck than we even needed so we had to finagle things to take up the entire length of the truck so things wouldn't be sliding and shifting around for 2000 miles. We were really lucky to have so many friends and neighbors help us out, so Thank you!!!

So there it is, the beginning of our new journey. I'm hoping my next stop is my bed in about 30 minutes.

6 comments:

CarolAnne said...

You've done the biggest part of the move. Unpacking will be fun as you decide where to place everything, but there isn't a time crunch like there is when packing. I'm so glad you and the kids are flying out. We did that twice with new babies. Jim drove the truck on ahead and I flew with the kids. One time Paul was one month old, another time, Melanie was 19 days old.
We survive it! Thank goodness for Relief Society when you arrive in a new ward where the sisters will welcome you and tell you that you have the most beautiful children.
Praying for safe travels for you all.

Katrina said...

Good luck, Ashli! Very excited for you and your new adventures. I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible in the next few weeks/months. The pictures of your new house look awesome. :) Can't wait to see more and hear how everything is going for your family.

Rus said...

Good Luck Ash! We will miss you guys!!
love
Kelly

Brittney said...

I hope everything's gone well with Randall's trip! And I'm glad you've got a few days to relax before heading out. Take it easy and enjoy cuddling your sweet Jane, now that the hard part of packing, etc. is over.

Jordan Merrell said...

Its really real :( your stuff is half way across america! I am so excited for your grand adventure. You will love everything about the east coast. there are so many neat/historic places. and I am excited to plan my trip to visit :) I am glad that you have a few day of down time. enjoy it!

Michelle said...

Wow! It's here! Congrats on having all the packing done--that must be a relief. Good luck with the weeks ahead and the travel and all of that. I will be thinking of you!