Friday, July 23, 2010

2 years ago today...

2 years ago today, we were moving into this home where we have lived longer than any other home. In just 7 days we will move out. At the time we kind of planned on just being here a few years to get some equity (ya right) and pay off some student loans etc. and then move on to somewhere else like Orem or Draper even? So not the case. I don't think the reality of this move even taking place and how far we are actually going has really hit me yet. I'm glad about that though. I know when it does I will be thousand's of miles away from both our families and so many of our fabulous friends. We brought baby Jane home to this house. We have good memories here. Even though we knew this wouldn't be forever it feels strange and yet totally normal all at the same time.

I hate to say this but I am tired, exhausted even. In some ways I think I am more tired then after I gave birth to Ms. Jane. I'm not getting much sleep at night and when Jane wakes to eat my mind start's going like a run away train and it's rather difficult to get it to stop and fall back to sleep. I've tried to keep a paper by the bed to write things down so I don't have to try and remember, but it's not working. Then I work all day packing and cleaning. Thankfully I'm nursing or I might not sit down all day. I know it won't be long and this will all be over and settled but right now it feels like we live in an eternal mess, and I don't do well with that. Even Randall the other night said the house was driving him crazy. He said this only hours after coming home from being away for 5 days. I wasn't overly sympathetic. In fact I decided I deserved a little TLC so I booked myself a much needed massage for Monday. I am sooo looking forward to it. And my brother and sister in law are nice enough to watch out kids tomorrow night so we can go on a much needed date. It's been awhile and will probably be awhile before we have the chance for another. The only problem is Randall and I have been asked to speak in church Sunday. Speaking is always stressful for me but now, on top of everything else I have to do? Really? I have spent a little time and I usually like to spend a lot of time preparing. I'm nervous it will be an all nighter tomorrow to make sure I feel prepared. Randall is away tonight with Ethan for the Father and Son's camp out. If I didn't think this was important and Ethan didn't really need this one on one time I would have said no way, you can't go, but he's a good boy and really craves that quality time, and there has not been much of that going around lately. I hope they have a good time and don't come home tired and cranky. Tomorrow we have more sorting, packing and painting to do. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Ashli said...

Luv u sweetie:)

Ashli said...

When it said Ashli said, it really meant Randall:)

Michelle said...

Hang in there! I feel for ya, I really do. Moving stresses me out, despite how many times we've done it. Good luck with the days ahead!