Monday, July 12, 2010

Brownie bandit

I told the kids today if they ate all their lunch they could have a brownie. I precut a reasonable size brownie for each of them and then went in the other room. After they had each finished their lunch they asked if they could have their brownie. I said yes, and that I had already cut them each a piece to have.

When I went back later to cover them up there were the three small pieces left and the whole rest of the pan was GONE! I asked Ethan what he had done and he said he had cut them some brownies to eat. Apparently he didn't like what I had cut and cut new HUGE pieces for himself and the kids. I probably shouldn't have been mad but I was. Yes it's better for me because I won't be tempted to pick at them, but come on, that's just a little ridiculous don't you think? Someday I feel like a failure as a mother. I either fly off the handle, have too high expectations or who knows what. Hopefully one day I'll get it right and hopefully it won't be after all my kids hate me and have horrible memories of their terrible childhood.

4 comments:

Laura said...

that's hilarious.

Jana said...

you can't be mad at the eldest child who is clearly looking out for his younger followers. it was all done in good will for the little ones!

Jordan Merrell said...

That is so funny but I would have been ticked off too when I realized my sweets were gone :)

Sarah said...

How could they have horrible memories of their childhoods when Mom left brownies on the counter?!?!