Sunday, August 17, 2008

Go Ethan Go!


For some time now we have been meaning to teach Ethan how to ride his bike. He hasn't been too anxious and hasn't spent much time on the bike even with the training wheels. Ethan rides his scooter like the best of 'em and I figured that he would take to the two wheeler quickly. If only we knew he wouldn't need teaching we would have tried long ago.

Randall took his training wheels off and Ethan got on his bike. Before Randall could even get to the street to help him Ethan, rode off without him! Wow, were we surprised and excited. Not only could he ride but within just a few minutes, he could turn, go off a step, through the gutter, over grass and just keep pedaling. He rode as if he's been doing it for years.

Last night we took his bike up the canyon so he could show grandpa and grandma. He told grandpa "I can ride my bike now, and am really enjoying it!" He's such a funny boy. He rode for about 30 minutes back and forth through the mud and water weaving in and out of people without problem.

Way to go Ethan!

5 comments:

Welsch Family said...

I have to admit that I got a little behind on the "Family Circus" until I found your new link via Jordan Merrell's blog. So I'm glad that all is well with the Wilson family! Now I can be entertained and inspired with your great stories attitudes about life again! Three cheers to Ethan for riding his 2 wheel bike! Way to go! How are things with your family? I hope that all is well! Good to hear from you guys again!

Welsch Family said...

Okay, one more comment... Kate did look look just like Nacho Libre. Nick and I thought that was so funny!

Jordan Merrell said...

I love how easy it is to teach kids to ride a bike :) Tyson was really easy too. Once they have it in their mind that they can do it, they just go for it. It is a very big step in their life and makes them feel so big.

Maria Hart said...

Does Ethan give lessons? My 6-year-old needs some confidence and a few pointers! I am impressed!

Enjoying the Journey said...

Calvin and Alli did that to us too! It's crazy how we underestimate our kids! Awesome when it's not as hard as we think.