Monday, August 25, 2008

Okay, I admit it I'm...

30!!! I don't know how it happened, I mean I look so young and all:) Well, my big 30 finally came and I didn't die. In fact it was probably one of my best birthday's so far. My sweet Rand has apparently been planning and plotting for some time to make this my best birthday ever!

Friday my in-laws came over to watch the kids for the night so that Rand could take me out. It was so great just getting away for a bit together. Just getting away would have been present enough. We stayed up at the Marriott on Main Street in Park City. I love Park City. It's so close and yet you feel like you have left home and gone somewhere fun and different from the usual people and setting. It was beautiful and cool and we had such a great time.

First we went to a great little French restaurant that my brother had told us about. It's called Bistro 412. It was so charming and reminded me so much of Europe. The atmosphere was great, the music good and the food also very good. In fact Randall ordered a stuffed portabella mushroom and it was bigger than the biggest hamburger bun I have ever seen.

We sat right inside the open door so could look out and have the outdoor while still being cozy and private inside. It was perfect. After dinner we walked up and down main street for a bit trying to decided the most important of all things...what to have for dessert. I don't remember the name of the place we ended up but I had a pecan roll and a cinnimon steamer and Randall went with ice cream. It was actually kind of chilly night and outside our hotel there were some gas fire pits with benches around them so we sat and enjoyed that for a bit. Some people were even roasting marshmellows. I guess we will have to do that next time.

For my birthday it's normally tradition that Randall makes me an egg mcmuffin for breakfast. Since that wasn't really an option, we went to McDonalds for one instead. Yum my favorite. Then with various cash donations for the cause we went to the outlets to get some fall clothes. Then ate lunch and headed home. It was a fabulous time. Oh, and that' not it. Ithoughtt all the planning and plotting was over until I I starting thinking how strange it was that some of my closest friends hadn't even called or anything so that must mean...a surprise? That's right after dinner that night we headed over to some friends house for dessert and surprise,surprise 2 other couples and their families came to celebrate with us. It was wild and crazy with all the kids, but it meant so much to me that they would all take the time out of their weekend to spend it with me for my big day. Thanks to Randall, Rick and Shelley and Melanie for making me feel so special on what we all know (that is if you know me at all) could have been a real bummer of a day. Thankfully it was the exact opposite.

17 comments:

Nate said...

Glad you had a fun time and enjoyed Bistro 412.

Jordan Merrell said...

I am glad that your birthday was a success. Sometimes birthdays are kind of a let down, so I am glad you had a fun time. That is so nice that you and Randall got to get away for the night. I have never heard of Bistro 412, but I will have to try it! Randall's mushroom was insane! I love the picture of you eating the egg mcmuffin. I am also a huge fan of those (maybe instead of lunch one day, we should do breakfast :) )

Dave and Becky said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Glad you joined the throngs of us who are already 30! What a wonderful day; Randall really went all out. Glad you had such a fun day for such a "big" event. :) Sure sounds like it was a great getaway.

Melanie said...

I glad you had a great celebration on our day! I had to think of you too.

Sherwoods said...

Happy birthday! Josh had to work all day on my birthday and I was stuck at home with Zach and no car in Mexico...bummer. I am glad you guys had fun!

Brittney said...

Happy 30th! I'm glad you got to enjoy Park City. It is a great little get-away spot. Did you find fun stuff at the outlets? I'll have to suggest that David and I do the same thing when I turn 30 next month!

P.S. I'll call you about Thursday!

Katrina said...

Happy Birthday! Congratulations on making it through in one piece, and good job, Randall!

Enjoying the Journey said...

Way to go Randall! I am glad to treated you right! Sounds like a fun time. Now that you're 30, you'll realize that life is just beginning! Love ya!

Enjoying the Journey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maria Hart said...

Welcome to the Over-30 Club. Let a great decade begin! By the way, your little Kate is adorable!

Jensen said...

Happy belated Birthday!! You are much too young to already be 30! It's crazy, but lots of fun!!
Take care!

Mark said...

Did you get my vocal performance on your answering machine? Happy Bday, The French are weak!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Ashli! What a fun birthday suprise. Park city is one of my favorite places too! By the way you look great!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a fun Birthday!

Angelle said...

That sounds like a perfect way to celebrate you're 30th! I'm glad you got spoiled.

Staci J said...

Ashli! What a beautiful, young 30 year old you are:) Happy Birthday!! Props to Randall for not only remembering but going all out for your special day! Glad to see you blogging again...

Welsch Family said...

Happy B-Day! We can't believe that mushroom! Your hair looks cute! Maybe I should go short for a change? Kate sure is a darling one year old!