Saturday, August 9, 2008

Girls Weekend

This weekend was awesome. I went with 3 of my girlfriends up to Park City for the night for some girl talk, good food and lots o' outlet shopping. One of my friends parents has a beautiful home in Park City that is currently vacant while they are on a mission and she was gracious enough to let us stay there for the night. Thanks Jordan! It was a beautiful home up on the Mountain with a gorgeous view of Park City.

Friday night we went to dinner at "The Cheesecake factory". I was proud of myself since it didn't take me and hour and half to look through the menu and order. The food was good and the dessert even better. Okay, I'm not a big cheesecake fan so I broke the mold and went with a lovely layerd chocolate fudge cake that was awesome. It was rather large, and even too rich for me to finish which is saying something. Nothing is too rich for the likes of me. On our way up to the house we saw 3 moose. Two of them were a mother and baby. It was incredible. They were literally 20 ft. from the car. We stopped and watched them for awhile. We also saw many deer, and other sorts of wildlife creatures. Then we sat around the house and told old dating stories, talked about our wonderful husbands and all that good stuff until about 1am.

This morning I woke up and sat out on the porch to try to finish the last of my vampire book. I'm about 60 pages to the end but just can't get the time to sit down and finish. Hopefully tonight. The morning was fresh, cool and so peaceful. I slept with the windows all the way open to sleep in cool mountain air. I love sleeping in a cool room with fresh air. It made me crave the up coming fall.

We went to breakfast at a deli on Main Street, then headed over to the outlets for several hours for some school shopping and such.

Randall was great to watch the kids. I am so lucky to have someone so willing to let me have some away time once in awhile to relax and rejuvenate. He probably knows I will come home more relaxed and happy.

One of the greatest things of the trip was that we able to talk about all sorts of things from silly to serious, spiritual and uplifting. It was nice to talk with other Moms about all the current concerns we have with our kids in school, how to teach them good things, books we are reading etc. It was a weekend much needed and even more enjoyed. Thanks girls for such a great time, and to Randall for making it possible.

5 comments:

CarolAnne said...

What fun. I,too, had a girls time out on Friday with two of my friends from our days in the Philippines. It was my birthday
(08-08-08)! We went to St. George for a wedding, so we attended the temple, saw Mama Mia, had a great steak dinner, saw the show at Tuacahn, stayed at the Hampton. Plus hours of catching up. Had a great time! It's a good thing to do...

Brittney said...

How fun! Yes, girls' nights out are definitely a must every now and then! Did you get to finish your book? I just finished it! Poor David has been feeling so neglected... =) I'd love to come down for dessert before Amber leaves. I'll give you a call in the next couple of days...

Jordan Merrell said...

I agree with everything you said! I loved our weekend and miss it already. I think it is time to plan the next one :) All my kids survived and Tyson even prayed that I would never leave again so they finally appriciated me, granted that only lasted about 30 minutes, but it was nice to have them love me.

Maria Hart said...

Sounds great, especially the part about the chocolate layered cake. My mouth water just thinking of something so divine! I was thinking about you randomly the other day. Do you remember our trip down to Kirtland with the Quinns and others. Were you the one passing off the rice krispy treat to Ryan... while he was driving?

Enjoying the Journey said...

Your girls weekend sounds just like mine! Only I was with 250 of them at Heber Valley! I'm glad you had fun, you deserve a break!