Tuesday, January 5, 2010

kids these days

Yesterday Ethan wasn't very happy about his return to school. At breakfast he prayed that he would be in "the mood" to go to school. Well he went without a fight, but about 3pm and I got a call from the school telling me he had just thrown up all over his classroom. Awesome. The funny thing is his teacher told me they had just barely finished discussing the word ill. I guess he was listening because when I got him in the car I asked what happened and he said "well, I was feeling ill and then all of the sudden I just threw up."

Everyone but Ethan and Rand have had stomache flu over the weekend so we figured his turn would come and it did. He was sick until about 10 last night but now seems to be fine. Ethan woke up this morning saying he felt fine and asking to play the Wii. Sitting at lunch just now I know he must be better because he just finished off an entire can of tuna, straight from the can. He drank the "juice" and even licked it! I think now I just may throw up!

6 comments:

Angelle said...

Poor Ethan! Although I'm with you on watching someone lick a tuna can, feeling a little nauseous just thinking about it...

Jordan Merrell said...

I am sorry you all the the stomach flu. I think it is going around the country! Bren threw up yesterday but was fine today. Tyson has such extreme gag reflexes that talking about "ill" would probably make him ill. I am glad Ethan is doing a lot better, tuna and all :)

MaryAnn said...

UGH! Yeah, my family had it just after Christmas...all of us! Funny how it goes around like that. Hmmm, I hope I didn't pass it to you that sunday...after I had it. I would feel horrible if I had!

HANDSOME PAUL said...

Hello! :)

Tyra said...

I'm sorry you have all been sick. I am happy Ethan is feeling better. I think his love for tuna is brain food. Let him eat lots!

Sorry you are sick today, Ash. I hope you are able to get a good rest tonight and feel better tomorrow. I'm grateful Randall is so capable to step in and cook and tend the children. Not all husbands can or would do that.

Welsch Family said...

Oh man! Tuna juice! Yuk! Funny story. Glad he's feeling better.