Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Jane's Blessing






We blessed Jane Sunday June 6th, 2010 in Springville, Utah. The reason I put the date and where is because I am realizing the things I think I will never forget I actually do forget.

It was a very nice day and we were thrilled to have so much family come and support us. WE missed those that weren't with us but know they wished they could have been there :). Randall gave Jane a beautiful blessing. Somehow I always feel like the baby is officially part of our family once she has been given a name and a blessing. After sacrament meeting we invited our family over to our house for some lunch. Lucky us it was the hottest day of the year so far, so our plans of having everyone out on the patio did not workout so well, and are home is not large to say the least, but we made it work.

Jane wore the blessing dress that I bought when we were living in Belgium as my keepsake. Following tradition she was the 9th granddaughter to be blessed in the dress. It is so beautiful and long with all handmade Belgian lace and is very sentimental for me. I was only 14 at the time that we picked it out so it is amazing to think it has now been 17 years and we have now had 3 of our own daughters blessed in it. I think that is really special. I hope that the daughters in law don't feel bad that they basically had no choice in the matter of having their daughters blessed in the dress. I think it will always be a sweet remembrance of a very special day.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

VERY cute - it's fab to see pics on here!

Angelle said...

Are you kidding me? I'd LOVE to bless a daughter in that dress. I didn't realize you had picked it out. Here's to hoping for another Barrett girl in our family! :) We were so sad to miss out on your special day.

Lisa said...

What a special day! I think the blessing dress is beautiful. I know this is kind of random but I can't believe how much Ethan looks like your Dad. When I saw that first picture I just thought that.

Sarah said...

Even though timing didn't work out for me to be there on the 6th, I'm really glad I got to meet and hold baby Jane.

I can't wait until you guys are just up the road in NJ!