Sunday, May 23, 2010

quickly too quickly

Our Jane is already a month old. Time is passing by way too quickly. We are enjoying her so much but I'm sad to have her getting "old so quickly. I'm amazed at how quickly she has just made her place and it seems it's just normal to have her be a part of her family. It's hard to believe that just a month ago I was wondering what she would look like. She continues to be a sweet baby and I am crossing my fingers that she continues to be.

Anna "graduated" from preschool this week and I also can't believe how quickly this year has gone by. She went to the same preschool and had the same 2 teachers for the past two years. She has grown and changed so much in that time. When she started she was so shy and quiet and had a really hard time coming out of her shell and being comfortable. At her parent teacher conference this week her teacher told me she now has to remind her to stop talking and pay attention. I'm glad that she has become so comfortable. She is sad school is over and already misses it. I am sad school is over too for several reasons.

Ethan will finish school this Thurs. He is very excited and I am very nervous. I'm not sure how to "entertain" 4 kids all summer with a new baby and them all at different ages and stages wanting to do different things. I have to admit I am quite nervous about it. We are normally quite a go go family and this summer my plan is more of a stay and home and relax. Ethan isn't overly excited about that idea. I hope to plan some activities and even keep up on some reading and school work. I hope we can figure out a good balance to keep us all happy. If you have any great ideas send them my way. I am serious I need all the help I can get this summer. We plan to kick off summer or at least celebrate the end of the school year by going up the canyon to roast hot dogs and make s'mores. Now if the weather would just cooperate even just a tad it would be all the better. Wish me luck for the next three months. I think I'll need them!

tried to post pics but it wasn't working I'll try again soon.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

I'm nervous about summer too. I woke up in the middle of the night and layed there thinking about the pros and cons of summer preschool. :) Mostly, I don't want to pay the money, but I still wish we could do it for Bryan's sake. We'll have to do lots of backyard pool/sprinkler parties or something...