Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Funny boy

When it was time to have prayer before Ethan left for school, he volunteered to say it. Let me preface by saying he is completely in love with Lego Batman for the Wii. He dreams about it, talks about it non stop to the point we have limited him to 30 minutes a day after homework and one new guy a week using codes from the internet. So today when he offered the prayer I couldn't help but laugh when he prayed that "he and Dad would be blessed to find an awesome guys this week for lego batman." I guess I'm just happy he feels prayer is the best way to ensure his greatest wishes come true!

On a not so funny note, a few weeks ago Ethan came down from his room crying. He said he had a dream that there was an earthquake in Utah and was pretty upset about it. We assured him we were fine and that there wasn't going to be an earthquake. The next night I was watching the news and they reported there had been a small quake in Utah about 2 hours north of us. I couldn't help but just think it was obviously a crazy coincidence.

So last night Ethan awakened from yet another bad dream and was inconsolable. It wasn't until this morning that I asked Randall what the dream was about. He said "well, Ethan dreamed that I died." Now I know our son isn't predicting the future or anything but it did freak me out just a tad and I asked Rand to be especially careful today as he went out the door, yikes!

No comments: