Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring break almost over :)

This week has been a busy one. I am glad that I have felt well and had the energy needed to do the things we've had planned. Monday We spent the morning at the library with story time, picking out lots o' new books and a few new movies. The kids insisted that we stop on the way to the car at the park. It was freezing and I didn't think we would last 5 minutes but they braved it for a while. After "quiet time" We went met up with some cousins at "Jump on it". The kids had a good time and I figured after a weekend inside with conference and snowy weather it was time to get some wiggles out.

Tuesday we spent the morning at the bean museum and then headed over to Carl's Jr. for some lunch and the giant germ infested play place. Actually if I had to choose a place with a "clean" play area this one isn't too bad. The kids played until they were sweaty and the we went home for some "quiet time". That afternoon they were bored and so we went over to their favorite place (not!) Roberts craft to get supplies to make baby shower invitations for a friend's baby. That night I was lucky enough to go out to dinner with a friend and a few errands to get a break from the kids. :)

Wednesday I had two Dr.'s appointments in the morning and errands that needed to be done so Rand was nice enough to take the day off so I could get that all done sans kids. While I was gone Rand took the kids swimming at our pool and then in the afternoon we went to Pirate Island. The kids have been wanting to do that for some time now. Personally the atmosphere was cool but the arcade was a disapointment. Too small and the games were not for smaller kids. Ethan had a great time but the other two were disappointed. I think for now we will stick with Chuck E. Cheese. Then we spent an hour or so at a park hoping to wear the kids out.

Today we, meaning my kids a nephew,a neighborhood friend, and my Mom went up to Thanksgiving point to the dino museum. The kids had a great time. Then we had a picnic lunch in the SUNSHINE. Can you believe it? The sun is showing it's lovely face today and it's fabulous. We are now at home resting and the kids are already asking what we have planned for tomorrow. If it were up to me, and I'm thinking it is, my answer would be "absolutely nothing!"

( my camera is on the blitz, otherwise I actually would have posted pictures this time :)

1 comment:

Jordan Merrell said...

All I can say is that you are a life saver! Thank you so much for taking Tyson around with you! He had a great time and definitely needed sometime outside of the house. I am sure the kids had a blast will all the fun things they got to do. Now miss Jane can come at anytime! YAY!!!!