Wednesday, April 7, 2010

not feelin' it

I know I should be posting pictures of our Easter happenings and all of that fun stuff, but I'm just not feeling it. This week has been busy with Spring break activities. Sadly all those activities this far have been indoor thanks to the lovely winter weather we have had. I'm glad to be busy this week to help take my mind off the fact that in a matter of 2 weeks or less, especially depending on my blood pressure, whether we will have our little Jane. It's hard to believe really. I think when it's your 4th child you are so consumed in normal everyday life and your other children that the pregnancy is one of the last things you have time to focus on. In fact I've even been a tad concerned the baby will come and I will not feel that bond immediately thinking, where did you come from and how did you get here?

The clothes are washed and the crib is fixed and set up. I even finally bought some diapers so I guess we're ready? My heart burn seems to be worse everyday and my sleep sporadic so I think I'm ready. In our ward there are 20 or more pregnant women due between now and September. Today the first of the group had her baby and there is just 1 other girl due before more so I am hoping the momentum has started and will just keep rolling. We shall soon see!

3 comments:

Brittney said...

I'm glad you've been busy! The last weeks always drag, so at least you've had lots to do to help pass the time. I'm sure you'll love Jane and cherish those couple days in the hospital when it's just the two of you and you can work on that bond. :) Let me know if you need help with anything!

Maria Hart said...

The bonding will come... even when you're busy... even with other kids in the home... even with the influx of hormonal emotions that seem to increase with each child... Good luck! I hope your labor and delivery go well. I love the name 'Jane' by the way. It is Angela's middle name.

Jordan Merrell said...

you do not need to worry about bonding with jane. The second you see her, you will be so in love that the bond will be immediate! Just think of how much more in love with her you were after feeling her first move and having ultrasounds and knowing she has some hair. The second you hold her, that love will be even more magnified! Just count the distraction of 3 other kids as a blessing! pregnancy can definitely drag on and on :) I am so excited that you only have 2 weeks left! That means I get to come hold a baby :)