Sunday, October 25, 2009

Things to come





I am so excited! In just 6 days is Halloween, and before that on Friday is Rand's work Halloween party and they go crazy all out. On Thursday Ethan has his Halloween carnival at school that I am helping with. Wednesday is my 15 week Dr.'s appointment which is a huge milestone.

Then in 1 month is Randall's Birthday on Nov. 24th with one of my very most favorite holidays, Thanksgiving closely to follow in just 1 month and 1 day! I already have my Thanksgiving dinner assignments and I am so excited. This year we will be with my husband's side of the family and there will only be 3 or 4 of the siblings of the 7 together so it will be comparatively quiet. We get to make pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes and bring black olives and celery with easy cheese on top, a tradition from my side of the family.

Then the mac daddy of them all, in just 2 months from today is CHRISTMAS! Can you believe it? Are you ready? I have purchased one gift. Today Rand and I have decided to sit down and go over our Christmas budget. Such a challenge that one. We want to stay within our budget while ensuring that our kids kids are thrilled Christmas morning while not being spoiled and not being dissapointed all at the same time. Is that even possible? I really want to get the must do's done early this year so I can enjoy the fun things. I have decided I want to host my first ever Christmas cookie exchange the first Saturday in December. Won't that be a fun way to kick of the season with friends and yummy things to taste and take? That way, I have no choice but to make some of the cookies I have dreamt about making for years pouring through magazine after magazine, cook book after cook book dreaming about, things other than the typical sugar cookie, like Giant coconut macaroons, chocolate-gingerbread drops, spritz blossoms,oatmeal spice cookies, redvelvet shortbread cookies, the list goes on and on. I figure each weekend we could spend time with the kids making a new cookie each week. Cookies freeze right?

3 comments:

Jordan Merrell said...

look at you go! you have turned into a blogging fool :) I LOVE IT! I have missed your posts! I am so excited for everything coming up too and I too bought my first christmas present of the season (well it was 2 because ty and e are getting the same thing). I LOVE this time of the year and I am so excited for your 15 week appointment only 25 more to go! And I am glad that you saw MacBeth and liked it. It is always fun to do something out of the ordinary!

Brittney said...

Mmmmm, a cookie exchange sounds like so much fun! I LOVE that the holidays are upon us already. :) David and I got out the Christmas music last night, but I'm trying to hold off at least until after Halloween...

Enjoying the Journey said...

Cookies...yum...I got all excited looking at your blog--I love this time of year--LOVE IT!