Friday, October 23, 2009

Focus!

This morning Randall asked Ethan to say our family prayer before we all went our various ways. Ethan prayed first that he could focus in school and pay attention to his teacher. That he could focus on his tasks and do well. Then he prayed that Randall would be able to focus on his work and get everything done. At this point Randall and I had opened our eyes and kind of quietly smiled to each other. Ethan finally ended by asking "that Mom could please focus and get the house more cleaner". Well I can't argue with that. I'm usually a good house keeper but blame it on the pregnancy or laziness I don't know but I have not been as motivated lately as I probably should be. With Ethan's help, I am determined to focus. I already have the kitchen picked up with dishwasher running a load of laundry going, and the living room picked up ready to be vacuumed. I think I'll ask him to pray that I can be focused more often. It's made for a pretty productive morning. I sure love that guy!

4 comments:

Enjoying the Journey said...

Seriously--the power of prayer! That boy is funny! I love all your pictures of Anna's B-day, Kate potty training and the Fall Party. You've been busy--way to be, Ash!

Stacy said...

I love hearing Ethan's prayers. They are so sincere and yet funny to adults. I wish he would pray that I could focus to get my house more cleaner...it needs it!

Congrats on expecting! When are you due? I had no idea!

Laura said...

what a funny kid

Brittney said...

So cute! I'm glad you felt inspired. I need more of that most days!