Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Fun with Friends

Kate ridin' the range

The kids waiting for the friends to arrive.
Anna, happy as can be on her little horse.
Ethan on his "big" horse. He wanted to be sure he was on the biggest horse!

Last month a good friend of mine from grad school came up to visit family for a wedding and made some time to get together with us, yeah! We decided to take our kids to the farm country at Thanksgiving point. The funny thing is we thought they would really enjoy seeing the animals, but instead spent most of their time playing cops and robbers and putting each other in the pretend jail they have there. Kids will be kids. They did really enjoy riding the ponies though. I didn't think Kate would really care and wasn't planning on having her ride, but when she realized she wasn't going to have a turn she she said My turn, ride! So I put her up there and at first she was holding on to me pretty tightly and me to her. A few laps in though and she was pretty comfortable up there all by herself.

After the animals and the ride and some hefty handwashing we had alittle picnic lunch and chatted. It was fun for the kids to see each other again and for me to see Alyssa's new sweet baby scarlet. Another fun day with friends.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Seeing Kate up on that horse reminded me of the Backyardigan's episode Ridin' the Range.

Now the song is stuck in my head. Thanks a lot!

Tyra said...

I didn't know you had gone to
Thanksgiving Point. I was surprised to see how brave Anna and Kate were on the ponies. What a fun day!

I love your new blog page. It is very artistic, (as Ethan would probably say).

The Walker Family said...

Thanks for getting together...I hopefully will post this event one day. :)