Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Blue Jays play T-ball


Casually looking forward to the next play.
Part of the cheering section at a game in June that we thought we would freeze to death!
My big 6 year old boy fell asleep in his mitt. Isn't he cute? He had been so whiny and i kept tell him he was tired. Of course he was adamant that he wasn't only to find this minutes later.

Last night was Ethan's last T-ball game. He had a really fun time this season. It was fun for me too because 2 of my best friends had their boys on the team too so we could watch and chat at the same time. What could be finer?

As you can imagine the games were more comical than anything else. There was fair lack of skill to be had but it's all for fun. There were no outs, and no score so it was very low key. Ethan is quite competitive already so that's a good thing. One night he caught a line drive from the hitter perfectly. We were all shocked including himself I think. After the game we told him what a great job he had done and he said "ya, I'm the best player on my team." He's not lacking much confidence :) He did improve over time and had a good time. I do think one of his favorite parts was the treat after the game. He's 6 what do you expect?

We love you Ethan you sure were a great little player out there.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I bet Ethan has such fun. I remember going to Randall's games when we were little. Good times.

Enjoying the Journey said...

Looks like you're having a lot of fun with your kids this summer! I love the casual pose on the base, Ethan--coach pitch is great, huh? Cute family picture in front of the temple! We loved taking our kids to the open house, too. I totally started bawling in the bride's room and the sealing room! What a great perspective being a mother brings to things, eh?

Michelle said...

Wow, what a great series of posts, hard to limit my comments. If it's possible, your kids get cuter all the time. Ethan might not like that, being called cute anymore, but it's true. I love all the pics from the t-ball to the temple. It sounds like you're really having a summer worth remembering--way to go! Miss you guys!

Tyra said...

That picture of the "old folks" cheering group was pathetic! I'm surprised you would even claim us. We need to work on improving our spectator look. The games were a lot of fun. Just weird people sitting on the sideline!