Thursday, August 13, 2009

We're back, whether we like it or not

We got back from our fabulous Disney vacation on Sunday. We had a great time and it really was a vacation from all the normal stuff that makes you have sleepless nights at times. I didn't have to worry about cleaning, doing laundry, finances, errands, calling- nothing! It was so nice. Not only did we enjoy St. George, California and Disneyland but I read one and half books while we were there too. What could be finer. I came home with a tan and a "to-do" list half a mile long. We have never been away from home that long with kids. While the trip was great, wow I didn't know how hard it would be to come home and dive right back into the swing of things. We are all tired and even Ethan has had a nap every afternoon to catch up. Ethan starts school 1 week from today and he is very anxious. All that means for me is panic emotionally and physically. While I hope to have more time to get things done around here once he's in school full time (gasp) and Anna in pre-school 3 mornings a week, I just want to be caught up before they start. A lot of mom's are trying to do lots of fun things this last week before school starts but I am just too tired! I feel kind of bad for the kids but really they had a great time on our trip and I'm sure will live without a trip to the park or the pool for a day or two. My internet hasn't been working since we got home so I haven't posted and now I think when will I have the time to upload all those pictures. Anyway, time is not just flying by but screaming by and I don't quite know what to think about that. I'm anxious for fall, probably my favorite season and yet in a panic that summer is so close to it's end. What to do? Panic? Make one more to do list? Or just put a movie in and call it a day, for the next 7 days when I put my big but little first born child on the bus for what feels like the rest of his life! Help!

8 comments:

Laura said...

I'm glad you guys got to go to Disneyland and had a good time! I wanted to hear more about the lost kid and the trip to the ER! What happened? AND, sorry about all the stress...it'll be over soon. If i lived in UT, i would drive right over to your house and watch your kids so you could get things done! We miss you

Katrina said...

One day at a time, my friend. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway.

The Walker Family said...

Sounds like fun I can't wait to see the pics. :)

Brittney said...

Just take it easy and watch the movie. :) Send your kids over here tomorrow if it will help!

Jordan Merrell said...

Disneyland is a vacation that you need a vacation from once you get home. We come home more tired than refreshed but its so worth it! I am glad that you had such a good time!!! Good luck getting everything done! let me know what I can do to help!!!

Sarah said...

Think of it this way:

Your kids will remember going to Disneyland.

Your kids will not remember that one summer where they watched a lot of movies the last week before school started.

Michelle said...

I'm SO GLAD you guys got to go on a full-blown vacation. You sure deserve it! I'm sure it's beyond crazy getting back into the hectic swing of things and I do relate to you on a lot of levels--filling up days with fun things while trying to stay on top of it all and lamenting (at least in part) the major milestones of our kids, they always come before we're ready! Good luck!

Brett and Meredith said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! I can't let Hannah read this post or she will be so jealous! We sure miss you guys!