Saturday, January 31, 2009

Kate update

"helping" make Christmas cookies

sledding with Dad and Anna (sorry I was too lazy to turn it)
Christmas day at Grandma's and Papa's
Headed to the Dr. with an ear infection. It was the worst snowy day of the year. I was so nervous to drive up to Orem to the doc. Kate was obviously not overly concerned.

Our Kate is getting big way too fast. She is still as sweet as ever and we enjoy her personality. She is really learning to hold her own, especially around Anna who she knows will take things from her. If Kate sees Anna coming she whips around away from her and yells "Mine!" I don't blame her. She is so fun right now that I am sad that she is getting older. Just 1 month until nursery which we welcome. I hope she will go despite her recent bout of separation anxiety. Just for memories sake I wanted to write down some of the words she is saying. I always think I will remember when the kids did this or said that, and when it comes down to it I really don't. She is by far our earliest talker and it's fun to have her express herself.

Words: up, mine, no, Mommy, Daddy, Grandma, Thank you, bubble, biki-binki, ink-milk/drink, Anna, bless you, here you go, please, cheese, bye bye, hello, doggy(was her first word), Papa, woof woof, hop, bap-bath, treat, nose, all done, night-night, baby, jump.

4 comments:

Jana said...

she is so cute, especially those marshmallow cheeks.

and im so impressed that you can display a breakable plate for decoration in kates reach. that sucker would have been gone long ago around here. i must be raising heathens.

Laura said...

Oh, cute. I need to spend more time with her. Can we babysit some more?

Jordan Merrell said...

I love Kate! She is so beautiful and is so so sweet. You are a lucky mama :)

Brett and Meredith said...

What a sweetie! She is talking up a storm, too! So, I have to laugh because that little Christmas outfit she is wearing is the exact same one I bought for our little Kate to wear next year! Must be the name:)