Saturday, January 17, 2009

Yellow

Isn't yellow a cheery color? There is a cute little house on Geneva road that is sitting vacant ready to be bought that I drive by often. It is painted a very bright canary yellow with a blue door and looks so cheery and inviting. The sun has been shining and it makes me feel so yellow and happy. I love the sunshine. When we were living in Michigan, the winters were beyond cold and long. There were a few times that I actually went to a tanning bed so I could close my eyes and pretend I was laying in the sunshine. It did wonders.

It's been a busy week. When the kids started back to school after the holidays I was so happy to be back into a routine. It is only now that we are back into that routine I realize how busy and fast paced our life is. I often think about starting Anna in dance and Ethan wants to take drum lessons. Not only is that more expense but more and more driving and time. I don't quite know what we will do in later years when all the kids are in school and have various reports and homework to complete.

Today was a yellow day. It was happy because I got my kitchen floor mopped and Rand took Anna on a date which she has been praying for all week. "please Heavenly Father bless Daddy to take me on a date to the Disney Store". Oh, and speaking of praying Ethan asked me a few weeks ago if God always answers our prayers. I am amazed at the things he thinks about. I told him that He does but in the way he knows is best for us. Yesterday morning he prayed that we wouldn't be ornery. Later in the morning Anna was being quite ornery and Ethan said "Anna God answers our prayers but we still have to work at it...quit being so ornery". He cracks me up. He was off from school Thurs and Friday because of parent teacher conference. When Anna asked him why he wasn't going to school he told her because it was "Stake conference". I laughed so hard. Anyway, I digress. After the Daddy daughter date We went up to IKEA to use a gift card we got for Christmas. Tonight I think Rand and I are going to spend some time chillin'. Poor Rand has had a very rough , stressful week at work and needs a break. I think we are going to watch "Mama Mia". He hasn't seen it but it's just such a happy movie that makes you just want to get up and dance.

I'm so glad that Monday is a day off from everything. I think it may be a kind of honey do catch up day though. There is always something that needs to be done and another load to be taken to D.I. :)

I'm sure glad the sun is shining...

9 comments:

Jensen said...

I love your comments and thoughts Ashli they are great!! You are such a great mom and your kids are hilarious!! My only advice with getting them into things is to not rush it, they will get burned out and they are only young once:))
Love ya,
Trish

Michelle said...

I love this cheery post! I was laughing out load at the stuff Anna and Ethan have said. And what a fabulous picture of you both at the top! Thanks for sharing all your happy thoughts!

Laura said...

This post makes me want to give you all a hug. The prayer stories crack me up. Those kids are so cute. love you guys!

Stacy said...

Ethan also said the closing prayer in class today. He blessed that we could choose the right and kill Satan. I tried really hard not to laugh...because he was being serious...

Enjoying the Journey said...

Love the stake conference comment! Funny boy! I hope you have a nice Monday--I won't have my car, so I'm guaranteed a slow at home day--nice! BTW I hope your DI run isn't my fault! I hope you have many more "yellow" days! I want to watch Mama Mia too!

The Walker Family said...

I love your "yellow" post...and by the way you and Rand look great. Miss you:-)

Alyssa said...

Cute stories about your kids! Hey, what is that preschool called again- the one you put Ethan in (in Orem)?

Randall said...

Hi Ash,
I know you already read me this post, but I just wanted to say hi and I love you from S.F. (not Spanish Fork):)
Rand

Jen said...

Hey Ash, the house on Geneva Road is still for sale and is in my ward! I love the house too. It just makes me happy. So, buy the house and then you can live by me...that would be fun! Hope your having a "yellow" day today!