Wednesday, January 14, 2009

January smanuary

A pretty picture of our home in the snow. I love the snow until hmmm maybe January 1 and then I think I'm pretty ready for Spring.

Is it just me or is January not very exciting. I keeping telling Rand we need to put some fun things on the calendar so I have something to look forward to. I keep thinking I should blog because it's been awhile and I'm certain that everyone is just waiting for me to tell them all the great things I have been doing. :) Well let's just say not much has been going on around here. We did buy a box of corn dogs and have enjoyed those a little more frequently than we probably should. We would probably bake ourselves to death to break up the indoor boredom if it weren't for the fact that I'm not eating any treats. You heard me NO treats. The no treat business is something crazy I do on occasion in an attempt to have greater control and of course hopefully loose some weight. The longest I have ever gone is 4 months. I am hoping to go longer than that this time but we'll just have to see. Randall just better not bring home chocolates for Valentines Day. So what are some things you are doing at your house to not go crazy with the kids indoors all day? Part of me wants to spring clean already and yet the other part of me thinks that's a miserable idea. There are many movies that came out over the holiday that we didn't have a chance to see so maybe we'll start seeing some movies. We did see Valkyrie and thought it was very good. Well I myself am bored just writing this so if you made it through congratulations. Oh, and if you are reading this and have been or are going to a sunny warm place in the next month or two don't tell me I just don't want to know. :)

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Tell me about it. Juma asked yesterday, "Is winter almost over?" I told him, "Nope, babe, it just got started. Just. Got. Started." Ugh. I know you don't want to hear about warm places, so I'll tell you about this cold place.

Nine degrees today.

I know that's nothing compared to Ann Arbor, but still. It's biting cold.

Enjoying the Journey said...

Calvin was wishing winter was over, too, because he lost his brand new coat at school! Lucky for him the weather's been mild, and Alli found it for him! Yeah!

Laura said...

i don't have any suggestions, but i too think winter sucks

Michelle said...

I won't tell you what the weather is here, but you can celebrate Australia day on the 26th if you're really desperate for something to do! Good luck with the winter--your home looks fabulous in the snow. I love the festive front door and lamp post!

MaryAnn said...

I dislike January very, very much. It has to be the most boring month on the calendar! There's no exciting holiday to break up the monotony and a lot of days are gray and wet, and if not gray than most often than not wet from the melting snow. It's also colder than most other months too! Yeah, boring and cold...not a good combination :) I often contemplate turning my home into a fantastic, one-of-a-kind play place...someday maybe...with a ball pit, padded walls, velcro walls, trampolines...or whatever the heart desires on a given day! But for now a few couch pillows, a dozen blankets and some tennis balls are what we have to work with!

Oh and good luck with the no treats! It takes amazing will power, and mine is rather week some days;)

Shanna said...

Ok, then I won't tell you that I just spent a week in L.A. in 65 degree weather doing "nothing" but recovering from the holidays. Sofi & I watched so many movies and took naps. I loved it! We sure were busy this year during the holidays. I was ready to have a melt down by the time we finally got to L.A.! I have to say, I hate the cold and have already been threatening to move to Arizona again! Just so you know, I was looking forward to you posting something! Hang in there and just enjoying being!

Marina said...

I am going CRAZY with my kids inside!! Hey if you have a free day and want to... I am thinking of taking my kids to the movies. Let me know. Feel free to send Ana over anytime!

Stacy said...

You commented at our little get together earlier this week that I didn't need to get dressed up for hanging out with you guys at the clubhouse...I realized afterward that that was the FIRST time I've taken the girls ANYWHERE (besides church) since before Christmas...so now you know why I actually took the time to put on anything more than my lounge pants and t-shirt and realized that someone would actually be able to tell I showered and did my make-up. Serge can't even tell on a normal day because I leave for the gym as soon as he gets home...so I pretty much spend all day in PJ's then change into gym clothes...hum...maybe I need to get out more.

If you are looking for something to do, I have a feeling you are really good at organizing and keeping things tidy...if you're bored enough, I have a closet that is in desperate need of an overhaul...and I really don't want to do it alone...and haven't which is why it needs some serious help...

Oh and good luck with the no treats...I tried to control my out-of-control snacking by going aneroxic...it only lasted 2 hours. :)