Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sad but Grateful

This afternoon I found out that a family friend was killed in an accident this morning. How tragic and sad. Driving home I was so jumpy, watching every light and every car doing my best to be overly aware of everything around me. It's sad that these traumatic experiences remind us of all that we are are blessed with. It's also such a reminder at how quickly your whole life can change. My heart aches for his sweet wife knowing she probably kissed him goodbye thinking he'd be home for dinner... How grateful I am for the gospel of Jesus Christ that allows us to be sealed together forever as families. You better believe that I held Rand a little longer tonight when he got home, and gave the kids extra kisses before bed. I hope tomorrow I will remember to be a little kinder, a little more patient and loving to those around me because you just never know what your future holds.

3 comments:

Maria Hart said...

I am sorry. I am glad to see that you and your family are alive and well... I was getting worried that maybe a family catastrophe had occured. I enjoy reading about your family. I love Anna's glasses, she looks so smart!

Sherwoods said...

I'm sorry! That post is definitely true. I am so grateful for the gospel because I have kissed someone goodbye without knowing how final that kiss would be!

Jordan Merrell said...

I am so sorry to hear that story. It is awful and always reminds me how fragile life is. You truly never know when someone's time is up. We are so blessed to have the gospel.