Saturday, August 21, 2010

Kate's 3rd Birthday!


Kate all tuckered out after a day of fun in the sun.

Hello kitty cake. It was a coconut cake with coconut, jr. mints for eyes, a mike and ike for nose and fruit by the foot for bow. Pretty cute if I do say so myself.



I love the way she is "posed" in this one. Can't believe she's 3!!!
August is the birthday month at our house. We celebrate 3 birthday's within 9 days. Needless to say there's a lot of cake eating going on. Since Kate's birthday is today and mine Monday we decided to do something we both would enjoy. We had heard from some friends from our ward about a great beach an hour from here and decided to try it out. It was awesome!!! It was a very nice, clean, sandy beach. I just wanted to pinch myself as we drove up not even an hour after we left our house. The neighborhood was darling, just packed with amazing cute large and small beach houses. The beach was busy but not overcrowded. We got there about 10 and stayed to almost 3. All the kids had a great time. We invited another family to go with us to make it even more fun for all of us.

The beach was called Avon by the Sea.

When we got home we did dinner, and then had her Hello Kitty cake. We are all tired and a tad sunburned after a great day at the beach! A fun way to celebrate some birthday's if say so myself.

Somethings about our cute "Kater"

-Her nickname from Randall is "Pumba" and she is very protective of that and loves that he has a pet name for her.
-She is usually a very bouncy happy go lucky little girl. She is definitely testing her limits recently. I think 3 is harder than 2 years.
-She loves snuggley things like soft blankets
-She loves anything that she can put stuff in, like backpacks, wallets, purse, bowls etc.
-She loves to pour liquid from one cup to another over and over and over
-She loves to be read to and her favorites right now are "Pinkerella" and "Ten Timid Ghosts"
-She loves baths
-When I do her hair in the morning she remarks about what a beautiful girl she is :)
-She has had the hardest adjustment with the move and that breaks my heart
-When she is nervous, tired, upset etc. instead of sucking her thumb or something "normal" like that she pulls at her belly button! Seriously, it's weird, but the doc say's that's a "normal" thing too.

We sure love you, Happy Birthday!

I tried to load my pics of the beach but got an error, I;ll do that tomorrow.

3 comments:

Brittney said...

Great job on the cake! That's so cute! And poor Kate... I hope she's still doing okay. That must have been so scary!

Jordan Merrell said...

Happy birthday sweet kate and I am so excited that its your birthday tomorrow! I just wish I was there to celebrate with you! Kate is so beautiful and getting so big, it almost broke my heart at how old she looks in some of the pictures. I am sorry she is having a hard time adjusting. I bet they have some of those gymboree music classes around or some other things she can make her own once ethan and anna start school. I am praying for you!!!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday to Kater! We love that little girl...I'm trying to send something off for all your August Birthdays. And Happy Birthday to Ashli today!