Saturday, December 12, 2009

A few of my favorite things...



Getting Ms. Kate up in the morning is one of those things that gives me a warm fuzzy. You walk in and she is never mad, never crying, and usually says something cute like "hi mom, can you change my diaper?" Then she often stands up and starts to jump and jump and jump and then as soon as you try to get her out she makes a dive for it and ends up lying down again and then we repeat over and over again. It makes my morning happy. I often think I should probably put a monitor in her room because I often don't even know when she awakens because she just plays, or sings or jumps until we go and get her. She, like my other children is one of my favorite things.

On Sunday she tried and tried and finally escaped out of the pew, past my leg after climbing higher and higher over it. She gave me that look like "I did it, I got out!" and then quietly and casually proceeded to the back of the chapel all along the way waving to each family in each pew waving and saying "hello, hello" like she was the appointed greeter. I looked back to see what she was up to and witnessed this cute scene. She wasn't really being disruptive and each family she passed got bigger and bigger smiles on their faces as she passed them with her greeting.

She is very much into the "trying two's" and tries my patience on occasion. She recently has spent her share of time-out in our laundry room. Initially she was quite upset but yesterday after several time outs for hitting she discovered that if she clanked the glass bottles of canned peaches we have in there, I would quickly open the door to make sure she wasn't breaking anything. So after about the 2nd or 3rd time in there, as soon as I would close the door for her timeout she wouldn't fuss at all but immediatelely start her clanking. I couldn't believe how smart she is and how well she had trained me to open the door to interrupt her time out.

We are exciting for the holidays and think the kids are at such a fun age. They all still believe in the Magic of Santa and get excited about the smallest things. Tonight we are hoping to go see the lights at temple square if the weather will cooperate. Just one more of my favorite things.

5 comments:

Jordan Merrell said...

there is nothing cuter than kate. she is such a doll. That first picture of her might be my favorite picture of ever! I wish that I sat on the same side of the church that you guys do cause I can only imagine how cute she was saying hello to everyone. I hope you had a great time at the lights!!!

Brittney said...

Kate's definitely a cutie!! I love that she waved to us last week. It certainly made me smile. :)

The Walker Family said...

Ohhh, she is sooo cute. I would have loved to be in your sacrament meeting. :-)

Laura said...

what a cutie!

Jana said...

kate and her happy "hellos" were a cute site to see.