Monday, November 30, 2009

Pink or blue?

Today we had our 20 week ultrasound. It was so great to see our little one. It makes all the sickness and everything so worth it. She looks great. As far as we can tell anyway. Did you catch the she? Yes, it's a girl! I guess I was a little shocked. Somehow I was expecting a boy, but am thrilled with another little girl. Boys are great but there's something fun about pink and bows and all that stuff. Plus I need girls to take care of me some day in my old age right? It really is such a miracle to see a real live child moving around in my tummy. The ultrasound tech said she was one of the most active little girls she had ever witnessed. Should we be nervous? I guess we'll just put her dance or soccer to get her energy out.

When I told Anna she was very excited and said that we should name her "Katie", which is funny since if it was a boy she wanted to name him "Nathan". Call me crazy but that seems just a tad close to Kate, and Ethan. I was a little more nervous to tell Ethan the news. When he came home from school I told him and asked him how he felt about that. He just said "I guess I'll just be the big brother." How sweet is that? I am really glad that he wasn't sad or disappointed it wasn't a brother.

Here are some pictures of our little one.
This is one of my favorite looking at her back and seeing her little ear. It just seems so incredible to me that she is all developed and you can see even her ear!

She liked to keep her arms up by her head and kept covering her ears or face.

Her arm streched back.

The best profile picture she would give us. She wasn't very willing to cooperate.


This is a view looking straight on at her face with her hand in front pointing up.

She had her arms over her ears like she was mad we woke her up and trying to go back to sleep. Isn't she cute?

A view looking down above her head with her cute little fingers.

Her legs all stretched out.



I told Rand that seeing her I already love and am endeared to her so much more. Half way there!

16 comments:

Katrina said...

Congratulations! Hooray for 3 girls and a lone oldest boy. They'll just be sensitive, wonderful husbands. :)

Jordan Merrell said...

I have been smiling all day for you! Those pictures are amazing and I am so excited for another little Anna and Kate! Anna's name totally made me laugh and I am glad Ethan was fine with it. After all, he doesn't know any different :) CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

MaryAnn said...

Hooray! I'm glad you are getting another little girl, and I LOVE the pictures! How exciting! I hope all continues to go well for you and baby girl!

Brittney said...

I'm SO glad everything went well, and I think it's perfect that you're having another girl. I love the ultrasound pictures! They ALMOST make me excited about being pregnant again someday. :)

Sarah said...

Woohoo! I can't believe how precious that little foot is. And all the other pictures, too, of course!

Lindy said...

we love baby girls around here! yeah!

Emily said...

Congrats! I am 9 weeks with baby #5 and secretly hoping it's a girl :)

Lisa said...

Congrats on another sweet baby girl! It's exciting that your halfway there. The ultrasound pictures turned out really great. You can see a lot of detail. We are happy for you guys.

Maria Hart said...

Congratulations! Here's to sweet little families with one boy and three girls!

Kristen said...

So glad we get to welcome another darling Wilson baby girl! Love you, Ash!

Jana said...

i love the ultrasound picture of her little, perfect foot. too cute!

The Walker Family said...

sooo excited for you. There's nothing like a sweet little one inside you!!

Brett and Meredith said...

Yeah...by some random click here and click there, we are on blogger until some random Chinese guy kicks us off:) Until then, we will peek in now and then on wonderful news like your having a baby girl! Isn't it crazy that you, the Browns, and us all have 3 girls and 1 boy! So fun! Sure miss you guys!

Jensen said...

Congrats! Love it . . . so excited for another girl! I was sad I only had one, but with 3 little boys I definitely haven't had time to think about that. And with her entering the teenage years I think that 1 girl will suit me just great:) Congrats again!

The Hanveys said...

Congratulations! That's SO exciting! Another girl...you definitely make cute little girls. :) You make cute boys too. I hope you have a Merry Christmas as well and I hope I get to see you next time you work at the office.

Staci J said...

Congratulations you guys!! Girls are sooo fun, I'm thrilled for you:)