Sunday, March 8, 2009

Nursery a Go Go!


She went, she cried, she stayed, she has a new friend.

Today I was dreading the whole nursery scene. Rand took her and stayed a for a minute but she was crying before he could say "bye". I went in to see what was going on and just said she's just going to have to cry, I am sorry. Rand left and said she was hysterical. I was sure that she would be back in our arms in no time. We were very pleasantly surprised. When ten minutes had passed I went to check on her and she was just sitting in one of the male nursery workers lap completely content. I still wasn't sure that would be the end of it but by the time the last hour started she was still there and no crying!!

When I went to get her the workers said she was happy and had made a new friend. I guess as long as this brother was holding her she was perfectly happy. Hurray! I am so glad that it wasn't traumatic for her or the poor nursery workers. I am still worried that it's all a fluke and that next week will be a nightmare but wow am I so happy. When Rand saw us Kate gave him the biggest smile as if to say -I am so proud of me! Way to go Kate and hurray for nursery!

5 comments:

Jordan Merrell said...

I was going to tell you, she was so cute in there! Me and Bren stood outside of the gate for a while so he could get a feel for it for next week (he cried everytime i put him in the class room though). She was just full of smiles and was coloring her paper and looked happy to be there. Hopefully she will keep that up!!! And she was standing right next to Lewis Miller. So cute!

Enjoying the Journey said...

You're well on your way now! Yippee! Milestones are awesome! Watch out for the happiness to sit on strange men's laps, though! JK! BTW, I loved the blog on the neighbor coming home! It made me get goose bumpy and teary too! I am amazed that so many families make such a sacrifice! Good luck with Randall being gone!

GaRNiTuRe said...

Hi- You don't know me but I found your blog through a friend's. I recently opened a little hair clip shop & thought you might be interested:
http://garnitureclips.blogspot.com/

Check it out!

The Walker Family said...

way to go Kate...it's crazy but, I remember Jace going to nursery and loving it because Eathan was there. Fun times!!

Saun and Wes said...

I cannot believe she is in nursery already! She is such a doll. And you look so good btw. You looked so skinny at church last week. We miss you guys in our ward. Come back!
-Saundra