Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Can you believe


It's almost October? I have to admit I am overly excited about it. I have already made my first batch of pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and they were rather tasty. We can see the leaves turning brilliant colors on the mountains from our kitchen window. I love the cool nights and sleeping with the windows open.

I put my fall wreath on the door this week and was crazy enough to break out the fall/Halloween decor. The problem with that is I have many glass jars I like to fill with fun fall colored candies but, then they get eaten, not by me of course :)

I love this time of year with school in, football season in swing, and the changes of colors and smells all around. I am anxious for the predicted forecast this week. Cold and rainy and yummy. Then I have no choice but to make some spiced cider to keep on the stove that will not only taste yummy but make the house smell so sweet. It's time to break out all the great soup recipes and heavy fall favorites.

Yes folks, I love fall!

8 comments:

Jensen said...

Love it all too. you said it so well:) sounds like you are doing great!

Laura said...

I'm glad you get to enjoy fall... i don't think we get that here :(

I'm glad you enjoyed the recent posts, and i wish we could hang out! We miss you guys. Mariah misses Anna a lot. Whenever she sees a little girl with blond hair and glasses she says, "She looks like Anna!"

Brittney said...

I'd forgotten how much I love this time of year! I made some pumpkin cookies this last week - my favorite! And now I want to make that yummy orange/spice drink, too... Happy Fall, indeed! :)

Tyra said...

Your fall foods made me hungry. I really enjoyed the rain, colored mountains, and snow all in one day. I can't believe it is almost conference weekend. What a great time of year.

Natalie said...

i'm with you i LOVE fall! :) always a great time of year. the fall scents, fresh air and college FOOTBALL! GO BLUE! oh and i guess SNOW?!? yep, woke up to snow this morning... what the heck... let's not SKIP right over fall! haven't seen you in forever. we should plan something. do we always say that??? i mean it this time. ha, ha.

Sarah said...

I love fall, too! I can't wait to get up to Connecticut where I can see the maple leaves changing.

Jana said...

That would be awesome if you made it over to the east coast. We live in Mclean. It's 15 miles from DC. Love it. Love the ward too. Good mixture of ages. What will you do with your town home? Yes, I do work at PBK and love it. Great people and a 40% discount.

Staci J said...

Ashley! I love fall, I love reading about fall! My fall and Halloween decor was up the first week of September (I go a little overboard I think) We miss you guys!